Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 10: Halloween!

Hi everyone!

I love the fact that I can use Pinterest for holidays, and so can my friends.  I went to a halloween party on 10/29/11 and I decided to try to experiment with eye make up.  I unfortunately, did not get a good close up of my eyes, but I'll tell you I used and what I tried to do!  My costume was a Devil in a Blue Dress and I thought it would do so so so fun to try to do up my eye makeup.  I really have no clue how to do my eye makeup, but I figured it was halloween, so it wouldn't be a huge deal if I screwed it up.  I wanted the eyes to be a tad evil-ish looking and found a pin to help me.

The inspiration-
http://pinterest.com/pin/364130088/

First I needed the make up.  I have a few blacks and greys, but no red.  I wanted to keep it cheap because realistically, when am I ever going to wear red eye make up???  After searching high and low in Target, I saw the ELF Never Too Much Palette; 144 eye shadow pieces for $15.  I figured, I may not use a majority of these colors, but many of the browns/bronze colors were so pretty, I was able to justify the $15.  I also decided to experiment with some liquid eye liner, so I picked up a black liner from Almay.



Basically, at this point, I just went for it.  I first primed my eyes with Benefit's "That Gal", then I applied their "Some Kind of Gorgeous" (foundation faker) all over my eyes and under my eyes just so everything looked even, and then for a final touch I applied their "High Beam" for a good base highlighter to my brow bone and the crease of my eye.  Then I started to apply the various greys, blacks, and reds.  It was very fun :)

Also, my friend Allison used Pinterest for all of her snacks!  Here are some pics :)



No comments:

Post a Comment