Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week 7: Halloween Lantern

Hi all!

I am getting this post up on a Tuesday; better than a Thursday!

As I have mentioned in other posts, the reason why I like doing these projects is because it's about inspiration.  I love the fact that I can reuse items for the future, use a project to escape reality (hi grad school!), fit in a project when I so little time (hi grad school), I can be thrifty or cheap, or for whatever other reason I can think of under the sun :)

This week happened to be a quick project week.  I have SO much going on with grad school this term, I just wanted to do something quick just as a release from the insanity :)  A couple of weeks ago I spotted a lantern that I thought was adorable at IKEA for $7.99.  I remembered a pin I saw using lanterns for holding Xmas ornaments.  I figured, "hey, why not use this lantern for Halloween too!"  When I got home, I was looking at my pins and saw I actually DID pin this idea for Halloween too ;)  Sometimes you forget your pins (those of you who use Pinterest KNOW you have repinned before!).

Pins that inspired-
http://pinterest.com/pin/194818796/











http://pinterest.com/pin/133750994/











Knowing I would get around to this eventually, I bought (on sale at Joann's) glitter skulls, and pumpkin jingle bells in black, purple, and an orange-ish/red-ish color.  If I ever get around to it, I'll throw in some mini pumpkins if I can find them cheap.



Next, I opened up the lantern and just started putting the items in :)



Tada!!!  Quick and easy!  I think it took me about 5-10 minutes if that.  I'd definitely say go for this project because it can add a pop of color so quickly :)


No comments:

Post a Comment