Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 4: Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

Wow.  Just WOW.  I'm not even waiting until the end of this post to tell you, if you even remotely LIKE cinnamon rolls and pancakes, you need to make these.  I'm not even a huge cinnamon roll fan and I would eat these every Sunday morning.

When I first saw this pin, I thought of Scott; he LOVES cinnamon rolls, but I am just way too lazy to make them (from scratch that is).  I've had these recipe on my Pinterest board for a while and now on this lovely Sunday morning I decided this would be a great day to make these (I originally hadn't thought of using this for my post this week; I bought other stuff last night, but more on that later).

So let's just break it down.  The recipe is originally from Bakedbree.com and was adapted from tastykitchen.com.

The Pancake Batter-


1 1/2 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon (yes, it is that much)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (we only had Mrs. Butterworth and that worked just fine1)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla (again, yes that much)



From there, it's pretty darn easy. Whisk together all of your dry ingredients.  Then add and whisk together the dry ingredients.  My batter looked like this-   


Then cook as you would normal pancakes (I used Pam instead of butter and cooked over medium until brown on both sides).  SIMPLE!


Now, believe me, you want to make the topping.  It's just like the topping for a cinnamon roll.  SO GOOD. 


The Frosting:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons milk



You'll whisk these all together until smooth and as the website says, at a pouring consistency.  If yours is too thick (like mine was) add a little more milk.  If it's too thin, add some more sugar.




Put it all together and TADA-


A little piece of heaven for a Sunday Morning :)


No comments:

Post a Comment