Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week 16: Nails!

Hi all,

There have been a lot of posts on Pinterest lately with fun nail ideas.  I tried a few out myself especially since they seemed fun and festive for the holidays.  I've seen so much glitter and sparkle and then some matte finishes I REALLY wanted to try them :)

Here are the pins that inspired-

http://pinterest.com/pin/191191946650379662/











http://pinterest.com/pin/191191946650403090/











http://pinterest.com/pin/191191946650403092/








First up, the glitter in between the color.  This one was actually quite easy.  Word of advice.  You will need glitter polish that has big flecks of glitter.  Just a "shimmery" glitter won't work.  You can't really see the fine glitter with this look, but the bigger pieces show through.The polish I used (yes, I understand I will get mocked for this), Nicole Nail Polish Justin Beiber Make Up Smile, has blig flecks and the finer glitter.

On my toes, I started with two coats of red polish (OPI's O'Hare and Nails Look Great!).  I let that dry and then did 2 coats of the Beiber glitter nail polish.

Finally, I added a thin coat of the OPI polish to finish up.  And it actually looked like the pin!


Next up, the matte look.  I haven't fully decided if I like this look or not yet.  I think it really depends on the color you're using (currently, I redid my nails and I did a combination of the look above, in a different red, and the matte look and I kind of feel like I have dried blood on my nails for lack of a better description).

The thing that is kinda cool about the matte topcoat is it seems to be very protective.  I haven't chipped my nail polish when using the matte top coat.  Also, when it goes on, your nails don't automatically look matte.  Once it dries they become matte; so don't go cursing the gods like I almost did and checking to make sure you ACTUALLY BOUGHT the matte top coat...  All I did was apply my nail polish as usual by applying two coats and letting dry.  I then applied the matte top coat; I used Sephora's however, I know Essie also makes one for those of you who don't live five minutes away from Sephora like I do.  Done and Done!

Here is a pic of my nails currently with the combo (my other picture with the matte didn't turn out well).

No comments:

Post a Comment