Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 11: Fall Tulle Wreath

Hi everyone!

Keeping with the fall theme, I wanted to tackle making a wreath.  There are TONS of wreath ideas out there (see pins below), and yet, I had issues finding blog tutorials out there.  I talked to one of my coworkers who is SUPER crafty and took her advice on how to make this project. a couple of weeks ago, Joann's had a 60% off sale on tulle by the yard (depending on the kind).  So I got a bunch of tulle for REAL cheap (less than $15 as opposed to close to $25-$30).  Not knowing how much I would need, I ended up with about 24 yards in 9 different colors.  I also got an 10 inch wire wreath form for $2.49.

Since I am soooo far behind on my posts, I wanted to put up some pictures (just in time for Thanksgiving) if anyone wants to tackle this!  I was originally going to make this with an 18" wreath and do big chunks of colors, but decided to switch to the 10" wreath and alternate the colors.  SO EASY.  And since I didn't have to glue anything, it was really easy to start over and move colors around as needed :)

The incredibly short version of this tutorial is the following.  I cut the colors into 15" long strips (my tulle came doubled over when I unwrapped it from being cut at Joann's, and this was perfect) and they were about 6" wide.  I believe I used 81 strips altogether (9 different colors, 9 strips of the same color).  I just did a slip knot around the wreath form and "fluffed" the ends of the tulle so it would look nice and full.  I also hot glued some leaves and fall twigs to a ribbon and tied that ribbon around the wreath (so that I could take off the leaves and twigs if I hated it).

Pins-
http://pinterest.com/pin/191191946650255544/




My materials:


Putting the wreath together:


The optional materials to add the leaves and twigs:

Gather and bundle to your liking (I used floral wire) and then hot glue to ribbon:

When dry, tie ribbon with leaves around the wreath:

Final Product:

Since I did get this up so late; here is a Pin of an Xmas version that could be made too :)  This one has felt flowers, but you could do the same thing with ribbons and hot glue like I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment